We have done our best to make our website as accessible as possible, and we’ve done this by adhering to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) produced by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C, the web’s governing body).
For those not familiar with the WCAG, this is a set of checkpoints designed to ensure that web sites are designed and written properly. For example:
- Images have alternative text (so if you can’t see the image you can still read the text).
- Colour contrast between foreground and background is sufficiently strong.
- Text resizes according to user preference.
- Headings are correctly used (they’re not just ordinary text made to look big and bold).
- Links make sense by themselves (e.g. no instances of links that say ‘Click here’ or ‘More…’).
- Tables are used for laying out tabular information and have proper headings and summaries.
- Visual presentation is defined in ‘stylesheets’ and is not embedded in the pages.
If you have any problems with the accessibility of this site or suggestions for improvement then please do not hesitate to contact us. We will always do what we can to make this site easier for everyone to use.
If you have a vision impairment then we recommend that you visit the RNIB website for specialist advice such as alternative screen readers, screen magnifiers and other devices that are available and can make using a computer easier and more enjoyable.
We also thoroughly recommend that you visit AbilityNet’s website, specifically My Computer My Way, which provides a wealth of advice on making your computer accessible.
Accessibility definition and commitment
Oasis HR is committed to ensuring that all its services are as accessible as possible to everyone and we strive to ensure accessibility in the following areas:
- How people access / approach our office, get in, move around and leave.
- How people obtain access to our services; from both a client and candidate perspective
- How we communicate internally and externally to our stakeholder groups
- How we accommodate our employees and ensure they are given a fair opportunity to succeed in the working environment.
Any difficulties in access that are reported to Oasis HR will be dealt with quickly and the relevant need taken into consideration.