- This event has passed.
HRLTT – Future Proofing a Business Through Policy and Transformation
May 16 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm| Free
A must-attend Think Tank event for any business that is looking to throw out the old ‘HR rule book’ and take a more grown-up approach to employee policy and protocol.
Hosted by David Marsden, Head of People Policy & Policy Transformation at Lloyds Banking Group.
With the growth of digital, AI and data-science, businesses have needed to adapt and evolve to remain relevant in today’s world. In particular, there’s been huge disruption in the Fintech space and many Financial Services businesses, like banks, have needed to reengineer themselves and their propositions to maintain success.
This has presented a huge challenge for many organisations who have operated in a more traditional sense for a long time, and have relied on ‘command and control’ methodologies when it comes to managing staff. Typically, these organisations would have used policy and governance to survive, which in our modern business landscape simply doesn’t work.
This HR Leadership Think Tank will look at how Lloyds Banking Group has geared itself for their transformation and have started to use policy to help future-proof their business.
Key areas for discussion will include:
- Moving away from the traditional HR ‘rule book’ and fostering a culture that’s less prescriptive and based more on common sense
- Paring back policy frameworks and understanding which (if any!) are still relevant and necessary
- Repurposing and restructuring people across the business and understanding the skills and capabilities needed to be successful in this new ‘world’
- Empowering employees and managers to exercise their own judgment
- Ensuring ‘policies’ are adopted and embraced
09:00 – Arrive and networking
09:30 – Introductions
09:45 – Discussion
10:40 – Coffee and networking
11:00 – Discussion
12:15 – Key takeaways
12:30 – Finish