- This event has passed.
New Attitudes to Diversity & Flexible Working, & The Associated Labour Law
October 14 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm| Free
2020 has seen big developments in HR best practice, and this session focusses on two key areas of change: Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) and Flexible Working.
Rapid changes in these two areas require us to radically reimagine our traditional assumptions of the workplace. But does employment law allow us to deliver the changes we want to make?
We’ve teamed up with DLA Piper who will be providing detailed insight and tactical guidance on the laws governing these two key areas of rapid change.
Many employers have made strong commitments to support candidates and employees from a D&I and flexible working perspective… BUT can these fantastic intentions be delivered within the tough constraints of employment law? Or will employers do the right thing, yet break the law and be open to litigation?
They’ll discuss the strategies needed to manage our new working world, such as:
- How to deliver new outcomes on D&I: navigating what senior management may commit to, and what employment law will allow
- Delivering true D&I: using the techniques that employment law provides
- Taking ‘legal risks’ to deliver a diverse workplace that welcomes everyone
- Responding to a stampede of requests for flexible working: who gets priority?
- The legal rights to flexible work: ensuring you satisfy those, as well as encouraging creative use of remote working, and other flexible strategies.
- 12.30 – Introductions – Oasis HR
- 12.35 – The 2020 Workplace – DLA Piper
- 13.10 – Q&A – Group
- 13.30 – Close
Format: Online Zoom meeting