RTT – Addressing Bias in Recruitment
April 30 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm| Free
Hosted by Noel McGonigle (MBA), HR Director at Savills UK, Europe and Middle East
Removing bias from the recruitment process. A big challenge faced by many businesses. Businesses that are aware of the problem. But are struggling to fix it.
Yes, we know that hiring diverse talent is the right thing to do. The business knows it. The government is increasingly applying more pressure to do so. HR have been banging the drum for years! And actually, we are better at attracting more diverse candidates. The challenge lies with getting our managers to make the hires.
So, what can HR and recruitment do to reduce bias from the hiring process? Join us at this Think Tank to find out more and explore the points below:
- The business case – what happens if you don’t tackle recruitment bias?
- Attracting diverse candidates – what changes need to be made to your advertising channels, targeted candidate pools and recruitment messages to find the talent?
- Training – how can you use unconscious bias training to help educate your hiring managers?
- Process tweaks – how can you use techniques like ‘blind CVs’ to help reduce unconscious bias?
- Assessment – what rigor can you apply to your formal assessment process to reduce the impact of ‘gut feel’ over skills and competencies?
09:00 – Arrive and networking
09:30 – HRTTS Introductions
09.45 – Discussion
10:45 – Coffee and networking
11:00 – Discussion
12:15 – Key takeaways
12:30 – Finish
These Think Tanks are invitation only and held exclusively for senior HR and Resourcing professionals operating in a Head of / Director level role. For more information on the Think Tanks or to be considered for membership please telephone 0207 11 88 444 or apply for membership below: