Head of Talent Acquisition – up to £75k – London
These roles don’t come along very often.
“I’ve heard that before…” I hear you sigh.
Okay then, let me set the scene…
There’s a global media organisation, with over a century delivering (with integrity I might add) the very highest standard of news and market information. Their readership numbers in the millions; their registered and paid subscribers could populate a country (and they’re only increasing). An early adapter of a mobile-first and digital strategy, this is still a core focus. It’s not a stretch to say that they are the leading and most renowned media outlet in their field (certainly in the West).
Until recently they haven’t had an inhouse Recruitment function. Not even an RPO set-up.
That’s where you come in! There are a couple of Recruiters (recent hires) already ploughing through their open reqs; you’re going to come in and manage them, lead from the front, define the process and strategy, bring in the tools, and rally the business’ leadership around something exciting.
“Don’t come along very often” indeed.
There are some bullet points below (do read them!) but hopefully I’ve piqued your interest. Looking forward to reading your application!
Head of Talent Acquisition – up to £75k – London – Job Role
- On a high level, your main goal will be to create the strategy for, resource, and lead a brand new Talent Acquisition function, covering all permanent hiring in the UK, US, and (ultimately) other exotic locales! You’ll hopefully know what that entails but, to dig deeper, you’ll:
- Work with HRBPs and business leaders alike to build out their individual TA strategies, using relevant data to help inform those decisions and deliver a timely, quality-led offering in as direct (low cost) a manner as possible
- Design and implement creative solutions for engaging, attracting, securing, and ultimately onboarding leading industry talent
- Manage and drive your team to continued success
- Coach and guide managers on hiring best practice and new ways of working
- Establish key success metrics which will demonstrate ROI to the business
- Establish and own the social media presence and output for Recruitment
- Define, lead and manage the graduate and early careers hiring programme
- Identify and engage with relevant industry events to strengthen the organisation’s brand on the market (and indeed propose your own!)
Head of Talent Acquisition – up to £75k – London – Key Criteria
- Experience in setting and delivering complex, inhouse Talent Acquisition strategies – building a function(s) from scratch is preferred
- Pan-industry experience with some of that coming from within Media / Digital / Online-orientated organsiations
- Recent experience managing the end-to-end hiring process (and not precious about it being aprt of your short-term remit here either!)
- Previous experience managing and developing a team, creating a common vision and collaborative working structure
- Able to articulate a strong track record of creating and executing diversity and inclusion strategies
- Desire and ability to challenge conventional thinking, manage risk, and influence
- You use your initiative and consistently deliver results of the highest quality, have a sense of urgency, and ensure that results are delivered, obstacles be damned
- You’re jumping-up-and-down excited about all of the above!
Head of Talent Acquisition
up to £75k
Oasis HR is committed to equal opportunities for all, irrespective of age, religion or sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, gender, race, disability and in line with the 2010 Equalities Act. Our commitment is based on strong ethical beliefs because we value a diverse customer base & the individualism each employee brings to our business.
Equal opportunity is about good, fair employment practices which make sound business sense. Every person has the right to work and do business in an environment free of discrimination and harassment. For more information on our equal opportunities and diversity values please contact us.
By applying for this job you acknowledge and approve that your information may be processed by any Oasis HR Recruitment Consultant for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment and performing any related activities. By submitting your application, you also acknowledge and approve that your information may be stored in Oasis HR’s Application Tracking System and might be used to consider you for future potential opportunities with our clients. Your information will be accessible by Oasis HR’s Recruitment Consultants and other relevant support teams; such as Finance / Accounts and Marketing. You may at any time withdraw from a particular vacancy for which you may be applying by contacting the Recruitment Consultant managing the search, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 0207 11 88 444. If you wish to obtain additional contact details regarding your data controller/holder, or receive a copy of your personal information that we keep, or if you would like to update or delete your details, please contact us.
Oasis HR are a multi-award winning specialist supplier of HR and Talent Management Professionals. We provide permanent, contract and interim professionals to the private and public sector, dealing with a wide range of assignments. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this role.
Job Reference: JO-1807-31251532623550
Salary From: 70000
Salary To: 80000
Day Rate From:
Day Rate To:
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: