HR Director – London – Media / Creative – up to 100k
Do you come from a Media or Creative organisation background? If so, this could be the role you have been looking for.
What is the job?
The HR Director (HRD) sits on the HR senior leadership team, reporting to the Group HR Director. The HRD manages a team of HR Business Partners (HRBPs) who provide a generalist HR service to the business.
The HRD works closely with Executive level and senior managers across the commercial, corporate and operational areas of the business and together with their team of HRBPs and support from the shared service function in Peterborough, is responsible for designing and delivering people plans to support the business strategy.
HR Director – London – Media – up to 100k
- Where do I work? – London office, with visits to other UK sites as required.
- Who is my manager? – Group HR Director
- Who reports to me? – 5 HR Business Partners, 1 Junior HR Business Partner, 1 HR Coordinator
What am I accountable for?
- Betting & Gaming
- COO Office
What is my personal contribution?
- Relationship management with key stakeholders across the business.
- Co-creation of the overall business’ HR strategy.
- Responsible for delivering the HR strategy through the HR team.
- Offering HR expertise to the HR team and stakeholders.
- Leadership and development of the HR team.
- Balancing strategic and operational HR workload
- Create an environment which drives the best possible performance from the business and the HR team.
What are my accountabilities?
- Support the HR Director in the creation and development of the HR strategy, ensuring departmental plans are tailored but reinforce plans.
- Provide guidance and direction to the HRBPs in developing department people plans covering retention , talent development, reward and recognition etc. Drive the implementation of the plans and measurement of progress against KPIs.
- Responsible for ensuring successful implementation within designated departments, of any corporate HR interventions including the compliance agenda.
- Ensure a good level of HR advisory services and support are being provided to line managers via the HRBPs on all day to day people issues.
- Ensure all HR processes are well executed, especially annual processes (pay reviews, performance reviews).
- Build the change capability of key stakeholders.
- Support Executive Directors with the development of their people through talent management initiatives etc.
- Accountable for successful delivery of any large scale organisation restructures working with key stakeholders, Finance, Legal and HR specialist teams to ensure effective design and implementation.
- Lead and/or represent HR on any ad-hoc strategic HR projects as and when required e.g. business acquisitions, new business development etc.
- Coach and trusted confidante to key stakeholders across the business
What experience and/or skills do I need?
- Extensive generalist HR experience including employee relations, employment law, performance management, talent management, headcount and cost management, change management.
- Strong track record of HR delivery in a number of different, challenging environments.
- Experience of operating successfully in a matrix/relationship driven culture/organisation.
- Multi-site experience.
- Previous experience of managing an HR team.
- Change management experience.
- First class influencing and communication skills.
- Able to work in a complex, changing business environment.
- Resilient and bold to ensure initiatives achieve their full benefit.
- Detail conscious, procedural and strong on employment law.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Adaptability; able to maintain focus in a culture of rapidly changing priorities.
- Strong business acumen -insight and understanding of how the business environment operates.
- CIPD Qualified.
What do I show?
- Ability to influence at all levels.
- Collaborative style.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- A common sense, pragmatic approach.
- Passion for developing others.
- Organisational skills.
- Ruthless prioritisation skills.
Job Reference: JO-1705-28591494929762
Salary From: 90000
Salary To: 100000
Day Rate From:
Day Rate To:
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: 03/07/2017