Interim People Director – Bath – £500-£600 a day – 12-month contract
The Interim People Director will play a key role in transforming certain people initiatives in the UK and the US. Partnering with the Function Heads across the firm, this role will work across all functions and departments to engage with the rapidly increasing workforce. The client are looking for a change agent – someone who will undertake a comprehensive review of the People function.
This is a newly created role for an innovative Interim People Director to assess and review the current People function and make recommendations for improvement.
Along with working with the Head of functions across the firm, the role will also be working closely with the Head of People, the Head of Learning and Development and the Talent Acquisition Manager to ensure that all the people functions have a commonality of purpose with regards to talent acquisition, talent development, retention and engagement of a high calibre, motivated workforce.
Key Priorities and challenges
- Create HR operational best practice across the organisation from automating processes, designing policies and delivering system solutions and enabling the organisation to be more efficient and reach its full potential
- Assess the current People service offering and create People processes and structure that are appropriate and supportive and don’t create a bureaucracy which stifles the culture and agility of the organisation
- Support the company culture whilst the company rapidly grows.
- Assess the current structure and competencies of the People team and make recommendations for improvement.
- Develop the People team so that they can better deliver for the business.
- Assess the People Information System, identify where it’s not being used effectively, make recommendations for improvement and implement those changes.
- Ensure all People systems and processes are strategically aligned with business objectives to deliver a workplace where the best people want to join, grow and stay.
- Work with the Head of Learning & Development to create a Learning Culture and create performance improvement plans that best develop their people.
- Work with the Talent Acquisition Manager to optimise the onboarding process.
- Work with the Heads of People Operations in both the UK and the US and the rest of the People team to align processes and People services between the UK and US to ensure transparency and consistency of service.
- Make recommendations to improve engagement through improved communications.
- Actively partner the business to deliver on the new initiatives.
Key skills and experience needed:
- A strong HR Generalist background with evidence of having achieved significant success working at board level, designing and embedding strategic change.
- A track record of creating and delivering HR strategies that have made a measurable difference to their organisations. Hands-on enough to manage and steer the operational embedding of these strategies.
- Evidence of having achieved procedural and behavioural change in challenging, complex environments
- Real personal impact and great relationship building skills, with the capability and energy to innovate, drive change, and make decisions.
- A driven individual who is outcome orientated and a fluid thinker.
- Proven experience of leading or supporting the implementation of a new HR system.
- Significant experience and understanding of HR practices and processes and how an effective HRIS best supports these practices.
- High pace, resilience, gravitas and high level of credibility and customer service.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coach and mentor at all levels.
- Strong commercial acumen and highly developed analytical skills to investigate, design and implement HR solutions.
- Experience of working in and developing effective people functions in the US.
- Happy to travel both within the UK and the US and be very visible to all staff.
Job Reference: JO-1904-32601559898069
Day Rate From: 500
Day Rate To: 600
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 12 months
Job Start Date: ASAP