Unlike the highs and lows we’ve been experiencing with the weather, HR job posting continues to increase and Indeed.co.uk reports an 8% uplift since the previous month. Furthermore, a global survey reveals that 13% of HR functions in Western Europe are expecting to hire over the coming quarter; results are indicative of over 9,900 companies recently surveyed (Antal Global Snapshot, 2013).
We’ve conducted our own mini market analysis and have drawn some interesting conclusions between Q1 2012 and Q1 2013. How many of these trends mirror your own experiences?
- The volume of our Interim and Fixed Term Contract assignments increased by 115%
- In 2012, 24% of our job opportunities were either FTC or Interim, compared to 44% at the end of Q1 this year
- We’ve seen a 167% increase of HR Business Partner and HR Manager opportunities
- Our Talent and L&D job opportunities have increased by 333%.
The global economy has also shown signs of improvement, which seems to have positively impacted hiring volumes and the employment market as a whole. The Antal Global Snapshot reveals that:
- 54% of global businesses are currently hiring, an 8% increase from the beginning of the year
- Within the UK, half of the businesses surveyed are currently hiring at professional and managerial level. However, results appear less favourable in light of 41% businesses who report that they are letting people go
- Within the Asian employment market, Singapore’s hiring volumes have dropped to 38%, a 14% reduction from the previous quarter. However, only 7% of businesses report to be letting people go; a statistic well below APAC’s average of 22%.
For further insights from the Antal Global Snapshot click here